Saturday, April 09, 2005

 

the weekend - wow!

It finally made it - the weekend and boy was I glad to see it :) This week was a tough one and the the thoughts of a few days away from the office was such a welcome relief. It was a productive week though so I cannot say that it was a bad week in that direction but the stress levels were high. But it is behind me now so we will look toward brighter horizons. Today was just gorgeous - the perfect spring day - and I loved every minute of it :) It was sunny, 62 degrees and clear blue skies - God's work was shining today. My tulips are blooming so lovely and the sweet smell of the Jamine vine blooming at the corner of the back porch just called to me all day. I did not get to spend as much time outside as I would have liked but I slipped out to enjoy the sunshine when a spare moment presented itself. I had so much housework to do and laundry galore.

I did take a break from all the work when Knitty Gritty came on - I love that show! It was a very interesting show today as they showed some lovely ponchos, shrugs and shawls made with rectangles. It was really cool - watch it if you get the chance. I am definitely going to print off the pattern from the website as I really want to try that shrug. And speaking of shawls, I gave away my first shawl ministry shawl this week. It is such a touching experience to present the shawl to someone - the feelings that you have cannot be expressed in words. If you are interested in this ministry please check it out at www.shawlministry.com. It has really been a blessing to me.

Knits Picks new catalog came in the mail today -- I have grabbed seconds to stop and browse through it all day - I feel like a kid in a candy store with so many new lovely yarns. It is on the web if you do not get the paper catalog at www.knitpicks.com. They also have the new book out by Meg Swansen "The Opinionated Knitter" - which I have added to my long wish list. There is a really nice article about how Meg brought the book together. It is a very interesting read - check it out:0)
Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?