Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

Wow! What A Day..

Gee...what a day! It was so hectic and busy before lunch that I hardly had time to breathe. The phones rang off the hook until about 2:00 this evening then it finally slowed down. I did not even get to take a lunch break which was stinky. I had wanted to finish the hat that I was working on during lunch today but alas - not to be. I did at least get my items for Ship Support sent out and also the box of things that I packaged up for Online Angels shipped so that was good. It has been a while since I sent some things to Mary so I had a pretty good size box full of items for her this time.
I have almost finished one of my loomed slipper socks. I am doing them in LB Chunky USA and it is working well. Even though this is my first effort at slipper socks I am pleased with the way they are turning out. I am hoping to finish them soon. It is getting too warm for them now but I will be ready for fall anyway :)
I finished my comfort prayer shawl this weekend so I am going to start on a new one. I bought some lovely boucle yarn from Smiley's Yarn ( it was on sale for .99) the colors were so cheerful that I am anxious to start working with them.
My bootie looms have stayed busy this week. I proclaimed this "Bootie Week" and I have been making preemie booties on my new loom from Lynn this week. I have been using some Caron bright varigated yarn and I love it! It is not what you normally think of as baby colors but it looks happy - so I am loving it! I had better see what I can find for supper as DH will finish mowing soon and will want to eat so I will sign off for now.
...'till later, and remember...
..........a life knitted with trust is unlikely to unravel,
a stitch may break now and then,
but with stix and a ball of string made of love,
these holes you can easily mend.

Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?