Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Butterfly Exchange..Knit, crochet or loom?


One of the ladies on my KWON group(MJ) came up with the wonderful idea of doing a "Butterfly exchange" - what happens is the members that want to participate sign up then we will all make dishcloths and form them into the shape of a butterfly using chenille sticks. After they are completed we will mail the one we made to another a member. The idea of the butterfly came from our list mom "Lynn" as she makes them and sells them with her homemade soap. The dishcloth can be knitted, crocheted or loomed in any color cotton yarn and the pattern of your choice. I think that this is going to be such fun :) I will post a picture of one of mine when I get one finished. I crocheted two last night and I just need to weave in the threads and add the chenille stick for the body. I don't know if I am going to crochet all of mine (we need to make 7 each) or if I will crochet part of them, knit part of them and maybe loom some. Decisions, decisions, decision.....Guess I will play it by ear. I don't think I will be able to crochet them all as "uncle Arthur" has come for a visit and my left hand is becoming a pain :), so...The old brace had to be put back on. I guess we will just see..
I got another package today for TTT from one of the ladies in my KWON group - 22 lovely blankets for the babies. What a wonderful group of caring ladies they are! I will get them packaged and will take them in my delivery to the hospital this weekend.
She did it! Lisa Gentry in Monroe, LA broke the record for the fastest crocheter this weekend. Congrats Lisa! She crocheted 5, 112 stitches in 30 minutes - 170 stitches per minute! Now, that is a super sonic moving crochet hook! Here is the link if you would like to read the article, it is awesome and I am so tickled for her:) http://thenewsstar.gannettonline.com/gns/graham/index.html
Well....lunch break is over so I better get back to work.
Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?