Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Sad Today :(

...Today I learned of a young couple who are facing some terrible time and are experiencing so much sadness. The young man (30 yrs. Old) had a brain tumor and underwent surgery to have it removed. The surgery went well but now cancer has moved in - it is terminal and the doctors have given him a few weeks to live. His girlfriend has moved in with him to care for him since he has no family and is providing round the clock care. She took classes to learn to deliver his meds and provide the daily care that he needs. They are having financial difficulties as well - it is so very sad. We all take so much for granted - I am blessed beyond measure and am never thankful enough. I made a prayer shawl for her and she was so touched that she began crying and could not stop. Groceries were collected for them and a member of our church delivered them. She told them that she had been praying all day for some help - they ran out of food yesterday and she had nothing to fix for them that day. There are so many people like this and they need our prayers but they also something more material - financial assistance, food, help with the sick etc. I hope that these in need will be laid on hearts that they may be helped. Sorry to rant on...But my heart was really heavy about this - thanks for listening.
...To the knitting. Well, our KWOW group has started a KAL for a poncho. One of our members Kay took a knitting pattern and converted it to the looms for us. Thanks Kay! So we are off and running with a new experience in loom knitting. I have made hats, socks, blankets, and slippers but nothing as large as a poncho - this will be a new experience. I have gotten started on my 46" rake and it is looking pretty good. I am still not pleased with the ends - I can never get them to look smooth, but overall it is going well.
....Homespun, I am loving the new colors. I bought some the past week and they are so cheerful. I am looming some baby hats out of some of it and I might make a prayer shawl out of some of the others. If you have not seen it - check it out! They are great. I love homespun yarn it is always so soft and cuddly.
...Well off to fix supper - it is church nite!
Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?