Thursday, July 21, 2005

 

My new toy arrived!


My new toy arrived today - HP IPAQ - joy! joy!. I have been wanting one for so long. I had a small MuVO player that I got free with my audible subscription and I have enjoyed it so much. Now I can read (listen) to a book and knit at the same time. Now that is putting technology to a really good use. But the IPAQ will do so much more. I can use my wireless connection and surf the internet from my recliner as I knit, put my knitting pattern in it and take it with me when I go somewhere, keep my appointments handy and so much more. I am so thrilled. AND....No loom knitter would have a IPAQ with the plain case they send you free - we must have a knitted cover. SO....I promptly got out my FG preemie hat loom and made a new cover for my knitting partner! And....Here it is..... (drum roll)

Of course it had to be purple! It is mine! I used some purple sock yarn from my stash and the elastic in the yarn gave it just the give that it needed. I crocheted the drawstring and added the orange beads for color. I love it - so much better for the knitter at heart than the plain black cover. Heh...heh....We knitters can find any excuse to knit something :)
....I got my first butterfly today from my KWON group swap - a lovely pink and white one. (Thanks Sue!) It was in the mailbox when I got home from work today and was the brightest spot in my day. I used some magnetic pins and put it on my fridge. Now I will have a bright cheery friend to start each morning with. I hope to finish my butterflies this weekend so they will be flying out on Monday to my cyberfriends at KWON.
....Have a super weekend all and stay cool!
Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?