Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

so hot....

...It has been so hot here this week that it really makes it hard to think about knitting..however I am so addicted that I just keep on keeping on. :) I have spent most of time indoors due to the heat so I have used this time to make a new project list. I am looking at patterns for a felted purse for Fall. I have some lovely wool that I got from Little Knits that is just crying to be made into a purse. I can't decide if I want to loom it or needle knit. I will keep thinking about it and soon I will decide. There is a great pattern for a knitted/felted purse in the August issue of Country Living and also in the new issue of Creative Knitting. If anyone is interested check them out.
....I am finishing up my butterfly dishcloths for the KWON group. I have crocheted some of them, knitted some and just finished one that I loom knitted. I tried a little different twist and instead of purling the first three stitches I flat-stitched them. It gave an interesting border and I like it. I might use that technique again. I will post a photo later so everyone can see.
....I am still working on my 6th prayer shawl though progress has been slow since it is so hot. I cannot work with it long so I just pick it up for a few minutes at a time. I really do need to finish it though as the lady that I am making it for (a 2nd time cancer patient) will need it soon. I hope to finish it this weekend. I needle knitted this one but my next one I am going to loom. I got my new prayer loom from DA and I am itching to try it out. But I have promised myself that since I have so many WIPs that I will finish some of them before I start another. Here's hoping that I stick to that one :)
....I am needle knitting another hat for Ship Support and almost have it finished. I try to complete 4 hats per month (that is my personal goal) and this will meet my goal for this month. The mailing date is August 1 so I will need to finish it so I can wash them all before mailing them to Ellen. Ship Support is a wonderful project - it lets our guys and gals serving our country know that the people at home are praying for them and appreciate them. There is a link on my blog if you are interested. We just picked up two more units and will need all the items that we can get. Your knitted, crocheted, or sewn items will be appreciated so much by these folks. Please consider it.
....I have most of my items ready for delivery for Teeny Tiny Treasures. I will get them to the hospital next week. It is hard to think that the babies need warm items in this heat but they really do. And the nursing staff, and the families are so thrilled to get the handmade love items.
....Well, I guess that is my update for now so I will get back to work :) Stay cool all!
Happy Knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?