Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

knitting along...

- I am still knitting along on my hats for A4A - finished one more and started on another one. Things have been really hectic at work lately and the hours have been longer than usual so I have not had as much knit-time as I would like but that's life. I have been carrying my hats in my bag and doing a stitch whenever I have a spare moment during the day. The need is so great and I want to try to get as many done as I can for the children. If you have not decided to do one - let me tear at your heartstrings with some kid-bits:
"...A4A's campaign for 5000 children is only a drop in the bucket. In Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, 3 orphanages alone house and support over 15,000 children. There are also orphanages in other parts of the country, too. There are *tens of thousands* of kids in these orphanages or on the streets. All ages -- babies to teens. The International Orphan Care web site reports over 700,000 orphans
in Afghanistan. A4A is only trying to clothe and warm a small number of 5000 in the big picture...."

Can you imagine - 700,000 orphans! So many cold, hungry children.
Ok - off the soapbox - but this is a project that is very dear to my heart.

- DD called yesterday and needed some preemie sets for a friend of SIL. Their GD was born premature and weighed in at 2 lbs. 4 oz. I gathered together some hats, booties, sweaters, blankets and a stuffed animal for the precious one and sent it off to DD via UPS. Remember this little one and her family in your prayers - I know that they will appreciate it so much.

- Got a few more inches done on the loomed prayer shawl this weekend. I have not had too much time to work on it so progress is slow. But it will come about.

- Got my new catalog from Knitpicks yesterday - ooh.....at some of the new colors for Fall. If you did not get a catalog check them out online at: www.knitpicks.com. But beware, it is really hard to look and not buy :)

- Well I will leave you with a pattern tip that I have used for years. It has saved me many hours and alot of stress:
Pattern Tip: When copying or printing a pattern for later use that calls for a "specific yarn", always make a note with the yarn info (needle size, gauge, etc.) at the bottom of the pattern. This will make choosing a substitute yarn much simpler when you decide to use the pattern and find that the yarn called for has been discontinued."

Enjoy - and Happy Knitting all :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?