Sunday, August 14, 2005

 

Oops and..Oh well

Yesterday was housecleaning day, laundry day, dog bath day and also my grandson's birthday party. So...Naturally, I was hurrying to finish all my chores so that I could attend the special party. In the process of carrying a load of laundry from the bathroom to the laundry room I in my infinite wisdom decided to step over the doggie gate instead of opening it and you guessed it!...I fell. Dirty laundry goes everywhere, I am flaying in the air trying to keep my balance, the gate falls down, puppies and dogs run everywhere to avoid the crash and....In the middle of it all I try to save myself. Well...Oops...I failed. The gate hits me in the back of the leg and my left foot goes through the mesh of the gate. The end result - a terrible bruise on the back of my leg and a broken big toe. Congratulations Teresa! Did this stop me? Oh no, in my brilliance I bandaged the toe, completed my chores and went to the birthday party.
So today, I get up with a throbbing toe, a foot too swollen to fit in any of my shoes and a body that aches beyond measure. Needless to say that I could not attend my church services in a bedroom shoe so DH and I opted to stay at home today. I spent the day on the couch with my foot elevated to attempt to get the swelling down. Oh, well....A good time to catch up on some knitting. Life and knitting must go on :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?