Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Toes and Pies

Well, the rest yesterday really helped - a lot of the swelling has gone down in the toe but it is really black and blue. I did however, find an old pair of stretched out sandals that I could get my foot in so off to work I went! I tried to really stay off my foot as much as I could and since I have a desk job that helped a bunch. I got quite a bit of knitting done on the market bag that I want to felt for DD for Christmas so my day of rest was not a total wash although I missed getting to go to Church.
My youngest DD requested a copy of the recipes for the two rhubarb pies that I used to make when she was little. I guess she has a taste for rhubarb today so I thought that some of you might like to have them too. So here goes..

Rhubarb Crisp


2 cups Rhubarb, chopped fine
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar

Topping:
¼ cup oatmeal
¼ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup flour

Mix rhubarb, flour and sugar and pour into 8 x 8 pan. Blend topping ingredients together and sprinkle over rhubarb mixture in pan.
Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.



Rhubarb Pie

1 ¾ cups sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups raw rhubarb, chopped fine

Stir sugar, flour and salt together, add eggs and stir to make a batter. Add rhubarb to batter and blend well.
Pour into 9" unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy and happy knitting :)
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?