Saturday, March 11, 2006

 

And now to the knitting...


....I promised a photo of the drop stitch loomed stole that I did and here it is. It is not blocked in this photo but you can see the stitch detail and what the stole looks like. It is on the blocking board now so it will be completed and ready for wrapping soon.








And Here is my BH bag....






(Here is my bag before felting)

I used the BH pattern from http://www.masondixonknitting.com/ and did some modifications on my bag.
Yarn - Patrons Classic Wool (That's Red) Needles - 11 Circular
I used two strands of yarn throughout the pattern.
**At the Knit Straight Row (where you lengthen or shorten the bag) I did 30 rounds instead of the 10 rounds in the pattern. I wanted a taller bag rather than a short one. At end of the pattern after doing buttonhole handle, I knitted 4 rounds before binding off to give a thicker handle.
Felting - One time through the washer and then stuffed for shaping and let air dry.

This photo is my completed bag after felting.
For reference, before felting my bag was 13" Wide and 15" Tall.
After felting my bag was 9" Wide and 11" Tall

****As for accents, I am still thinking on that one.
*GB2G*





Comments:
I love your purse! very cute. I can't felt - I have a front loading washer. It doesn't work. :O(

how do you block something? Does that help flatten the items?
 
Thank you so much....believe or not, my washer is a front load washer too! I felted both the bags on my blog in my front loader.
To block the stole, I used my fold-out cardboard sewing board. I took the stole, laid it on the board, stretched it out to the shape and size I needed (the sewing board works great for this, lines to go by as well as ruler for sizing). Then I pinned it in place with pins, sprayed it lightly with water and left it to dry. This will flatten out the curls in the stole and shape it as you want it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?