Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

..just not enough time

I have so many wonderful projects on my to do list and just not enough time to do them all. I would love to be able to craft all the time but it is just not to be. So I enjoy the time that I have to work with them.
I had a wonderful day today - it was Spinning Day! I met with my friend June and she helped me with my spinning. I have had my spinning wheel for sometime but have not been able to get the knack of the spinning process. But June was such a wonderful teacher and by the time that we ended our visit I was actually spinning yarn that was good. I was so thrilled - now I must practice...practice...and practice some more. I really want to do this as I have already developed such a love for it.

I finished two pair of slipper sox this week. I used Lynn's fg 30 peg round loom and some wool blend yarns. I did one with a gathered toe and the other is just a square toe using the flat removal. I am pleased with them and will put them aside for an upcoming gift.


This is my tote bag that I am currently working on. I am using Patrons Classic Wool and Lynn's 80 peg fg square loom. I plan to felt this bag after I complete the knitting. I did a simple stripe using some scrap wool that I had, it gave a nice accent and broke up the plain look of the solid color.

AC Moore had a good sale on Patron Wool yarn this weekend - $3.44 a ball, which for our area is an excellent price. So I naturally had to stock up on it:) Not that I really needed any more yarn but I could not pass up a good price on wool yarn. And I really do not have that much wool yarn in my stash. And I plan to do some felted bags for Christmas gifts this year. And....one never has too much yarn :) Just like looms....my wish list was shortened by one this week as I ordered a fg adjustable loom. Hey - I really needed that loom - LOL

Well....back to my bag....happy knitting
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?