Sunday, July 08, 2007

 

A weekly update..

on my looming experiences for the first week of July. A very hot week I might add but a good week for staying in.....hugging the air conditioner and looming my little heart out. Too bad I have to work....my job really cuts into my crafting time

This is my completed double thick tube scarf. I loomed it with two strands of wool blend yarn (some odds and ends from my stash) using my round hat loom. It was some wonderful mindless knitting - just a one over one knit stitch and keep going until you get the length that you want.



I took it off the loom with my crochet hook then crocheted a row of single crochet then one row of shells. I did this on both ends and it made a very warm and snuggly scarf.



This was another scarf for the FH project on the AC4C group...so, in the Father's House box it goes with the other goodies.




My wrist warmers....this project was for me. These were loomed on my preemie hat loom using woolease yarn.

The pattern is one that was written by a loomy friend, Janice.

It was a Spring contest pattern entry for Lynn's group contest - the Markman Loom group.

A very simple, easy to follow pattern that makes a great pair of wrist warmers. I will definitely make some more of these for gifts. This pair is for me

Next week's project.......loomed wool diaper covers.....yeah!

Have a wonderful week all.....keep cool......and keep on loomin'

*GB2G*





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?