Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 
It's beginning to look like Spring around here..... birds are singing, the flowers are starting to bloom and believe it or not we have had some 82 degree days this past week. And.... I have Spring fever! I just love this time of the year - it is my favorite time, new beginnings, new life, new hopes - it is just awesome!
So with the warmer temperatures and lovely sunny days I just cannot concentrate on any intricate knit patterns - so it is time for "mindless knitting". Knitting just for the joy of it - knitting for the love of knitting - with no graphs, no pattern changes, no yarn changes - just lovely knitting. So I have dug through my stash - brought out some cotton yarn in lovely Spring colors and am making baby bibs this week. The pattern - you ask? - is none other than my favorite bib pattern of all time - the one from the Mason-Dixon Knitting Book http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Dixon-Knitting-Knitters-Patterns-Questions/sim/0307236056/2
So ... with my cotton yarn, my fav pattern and my trusty knitting needles I am cranking out baby bibs this week. And....enjoying every minute of it. I will post some yummy photos for you this weekend.
Amid my joys of the new week, I did have a sad thing happened - we lost our one and only LYS in our town. I was so disappointed to get my monthly newsletter from Melissa and to read that she was closing her shop the end of this month. I have so enjoyed Melissa's shop - it has been a haven for me. It was a special place that I could always go, just sit, and enjoy the fibers, friends, and shut out the cares of the world. I will really miss her shop and the luxury of local fibers. Please dear friends, support your LYS. I know that online shopping is so convenient (I do alot of e-shopping too) but the comfort of your personal yarn shops is just not there. And without our support the local yarn shops will cease to exist - like mine did . I miss you already Melissa - thanks for the memories!
Have a wonderful week all - be happy - remember happiness is a perfume that you can't pour on others without spilling some on yourself.
Fiber Hugs
*GB2G*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?